Sunday, March 4, 2012

All About Augmentations

Basically, augmentations are robotic enhancements to the body. These can be anywhere from brain enhancements to toe enhancements. There you go...................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................................
I'm just kidding! I'm going to add more than that! Just to let you know, I had to do some research to put this together. LOTS AND LOTS OF RESEARCH!

Grar! Here they come to get you!

I will quote this from Deus Ex Wiki, ehem: "Augmentation is the act of improving a human being by using cybernetics, nanites, and nano-technological implants or psychological conditioning and pharmaceutical drugs, this way creating an advanced super-human, generally much superior to an ordinary one."Sounds FANCY! For your own enjoyment these augmentations come in three classes!

Mechanical

Nanotechnological

Physiopharmaceutical

Do you have any idea how much like a research paper this is? It really is EXACTLY like a research paper. You can hear the joy in my voice, I'm sure. It sound like "guuuuuuh.... *sigh*" This is a labor of LOVE people, so that you know ALL the technical mumbo jumbo going on in this game! I for one don't really care about all the information these people are putting into the game, I try to absorb it through the gaming experience. "Hey! I can punch through walls! Must be a physical augmentation!" "Dude! I hacked through that computer in like 3 SECONDS! That has got to be my brain augmentation!" I also like to call them my "Serious Skills."Different strokes for different folks! I know that there are people who eat up each gaming world and know EVERYTHING about them by all the ingame books and stuff. That's cool, you will be incredibly informed about it, and when you try to talk to me 'deeply' about the game, I'll probably respond with "Adam Jensen totally kicks a**!" Enough of this, though! Here are each of the types of augmentations BRIEF descriptions. Cause that's how I roll.

Mechanical augmentations are the first to go. These augmentations literally replace body parts with super awesome mechanical ones. You can seriously lift dumpsters off the ground with these babies. Trust me, I know from personal experience. I'm reading the wiki here, and these people who made the game REALLY did their research. They're talking all about the central nervous system apposed to peripheral nerves. Good stuff. Soooooooo.... These augmentations are just like your own arms and legs in that you don't need a remote control to move them. That's basically what having them connected to the central nervous system means. Wasn't that informative?!


That's his mechanical augmentation, kids! See how he's about to stab that guy in the back with it?
Next we have the nanotechnological augmentations. Woah, people! Apparently the wiki says that these are the most powerful augmentations out there! In-cred-ib-LE! I did not see that coming. These are augmentations that make you feel like a super hero. They can make you turn invisible, super strong, see in the dark, be immune to electrocution, have energy drained less, and so on and so forth. NEAT! You know it's not all the time that you get all this NEATness in the same place. *teeheeheehee*
Even better is that these augmentations are painless! If there is an augmentation you have been looking for that doesn't involve years of mental and physical therapy from the pain, this is your guy!

I'd hate to be you dude. Actually it wouldn't matter cause I is augmented.
I feel like I'm adding those ridiculous kitty captions to random pictures... except there are no kitties...

NEXT! The shlfkjljselljlksdjlf augmentation is really hard to pronounce and annoying to type. Physiopharmaceutical. THERE! I'm guessing these ones involve BOTH physical and mental watchmacallits. We'll see if I'm right, let me check. ..... okay..... This augmentation is used to brainwash people or make them completely loyal to the person, I guess. It can also completely change the behaviour of said individual and make them NOTHING like they were before. Sad... Side effects may include: albino skin, red eyes, and black hair for some reason. This is a bad guy augmentation plan and simple! Don't mess with it, good people! I have yet to meet one of these people in Human Revolution, though.


I definitely get the "Men in Black" vibe from this guy.
How was that? Was it everything you ever hoped for? Well, if NOT, which I know it isn't, but if NOT, I have added a link to the wiki where I got all my info here: http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Augmentation
Enjoy! Happy reading about all that augmentation stuff! I will definitely be giving you an update on my progress in the next post! IT'LL BE SO EXCITING, I KNOW!












No comments:

Post a Comment