Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Technically Mission 1

I've finally decided upon something. You'll be excited I'm sure. I'm not going to play Deus Ex until I've caught up on my blog to the point of where I am in the game. Okay, maybe I won't do that, but it's a thought, so here is the next section of what goes on in the game! Quick memo: I may have repeat pictures, and that's because there are many good pictures out there of this game, but the same ones keep catching my eye. If this DOES happen you can feel secure in knowing that I REALLY like that picture.
Getting all prepped to take out some baddies. Woohoo!
After the nice intro where Jensen gets the crap beat out of him, THAT is when the game TRULY begins. You get the really amazing clips of Jensen being augmented and its REALLY epic. You have to play the game and see it, or you can be cheap and watch it on youtube; either way, IT'S AMAZING! Apparently, this all took place over the time period of six months, and when Jensen returns to work after said amount of time, everyone is really surprised that his recovery was so quick. They also keep saying out it must be hard getting over Megan? his girlfriend's loss. This shocked me. I thought she had been kidnapped or something, and I still DO, but that has yet to be revealed or even confirmed, but for Jensen's sake I hope that I'm right. He was so upset by her loss that he punched the mirror in his apartment and broke it.
Nice TV! I, uh, like your decorating style... Very depressed looking.

His apartment is by far the most depressing place to be in the game. It has this eerie sad music playing whenever you go inside, and it is filled with lots of unopened boxes needing to be unpacked. It definitely makes me feel like this guy has lost something very important to him, and this is something I really appreciate in good story oriented video games. They make the player FEEL something. Jensen's apartment makes you feel sympathetic for Jensen and maybe even some awe at all the hints left in it. I don't know what they are or if they're even there, but I feel like there is something very special about his apartment, like the broken mirror, which is why I took the time to add a picture and paragraph about it. Not about the mirror the APARTMENT! We may be revisiting Jensen's apartment in the future, I don't know; I haven't gotten that far yet.
Right now, Jensen has returned to the work force to do some world saving. He has to infiltrate a facility and save some hostages. Sounds like fun! Be warned, though, if you take to much time dinking around, those hostages are going to die. I was thoroughly shocked when this happened. I thought it was like one of those games that gave you infinite amounts of time to snoop around for however long you wanted. Not this game! Thank goodness that I had saved before all of this. I quick reloaded and sprinted for that helicopter cause I was not letting those hostages die! During the sprint to the chopper a couple important characters were introduced: Malik and Pritchard.

Faridah Malik

Francis Pritchard (I know his picture isn't as cool as Malik's, okay?)
These two people are members of Jensen's TEAM. Malik is the pilot, and Pritchard (Francis) is the cyber security guy. Malik is great and gets along really well with Jensen, like old war buddies. Pritchard, on the other hand, does not see eye to eye with Jensen, but they put up with each other, and DEAR GOD DO NOT GOOGLE HIM! I SWEAR IF YOU DO YOU WILL NO LONGER BE AN INNOCENT INDIVIDUAL. I just lost my innocence a few seconds ago when I googled him... Did you just google him? SERIOUSLY? I weep for your lost childhood. Okay, whatever, I'll get us back on track here since YOU decided to go and google "Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Pritchard." I really enjoy when Jensen and Pritchard have conversations, you can tell that they hate each others guts. Jensen mockingly calls him 'Francis' with extreme emphasis on how girly it sounds. Jensen simply bash talks him about technology and how Jensen isn't really any good as a hacker. I love it.

Back to the mission now! Malik pilots you to the location, and then Jensen gets to go in and take everyone down! This has to be done stealthy, of course, because I want to get as many experience points as possible, and you get extra if you go through the entire level without being detected. I failed... Good practice, though! Anywho, I save the hostages, BOOYA! The whole time I'm saving them is really annoying because I'm hacking into this terminal, right? All they can do is scream, cry, and yell "SAVE ME!" "I'm doing my BEST, alright? Just shut up!" Being the cool guy that Jensen is, however, means that he does not yell at panicking civilians, he simply does his job and gets out of there.

Don't shoot her! Look. I know her voice actor sounds like a man, but don't shoot her, dammit!
Upon saving the hostages you meet the guy in the picture. He is with the anti-augmented people people. You see his eye patch? Apparently he ripped out his own augmentations, one of which was in his eye. Tough dude, and he's SPANISH. I very much like his accent. I forget his name, but he's a cool dude. In the end, I convince him to let the hostage go FOR HONOR because he just doesn't do this kind of crap, and then Jensen tells him to scram. I hope that I'm not confusing you by switching from 'I' to 'Jensen' and then back because basically we are one and the same. Two people. Two separate worlds. One awesome game. The boss is really mad that Jensen and I let this guy go, but what could we do? He had a hostage right? Nah, we just wanted to let him go so that he could dig up more dirt about the cyborg hacker guy who shot himself. Woah... Totally forgot to include that part.

Alright, alright, alright. AFTER saving the hostages and BEFORE meeting with eye patch guy is when Jensen confronts the hacker. This is after sneaking past a bunch of guards and nearly dying and dying several times. After all the hard stuff, Jensen enters the mother room containing all the digital info of that place. Inside is the hacker and Jensen confronts him saying "Put your hands up!" This guy does not do that, instead he picks up a gun, points it at Jensen, and then at himself. Jensen then says "Put the gun down!" and "STOP!" At this point the guy blows his owns brains out, his dying words being a short phrase, "Help....... me......" Very dramatic. THEN after this happens Jensen is all like "Sarif, we have a problem, the guy just committed suicide, and he was up to something. Now what?" SARIF is all like, "There was a what? How could that happen? We'll be sure to get a look at his brain so just go catch that other guy, and by we I mean you." Enough said.

"That bastard!"
Now that all of that is taken care of... FIRST MISSION COMPLETE! I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying this game and its play style. It is definitely not a blast-into-a-room-guns-blazing game; it's more of take-your-time-and-be-strategic game. I HATE strategy games, but this one is good! I love how I have to sneak by guards, cameras, and robots without getting caught. Worse comes to worse you get mobbed and killed or you can crawl into a ventilation system and wait for everyone to forget about you. That has so far been my best strategy. This game is a serious adrenaline rush and you would not be disappointed if you bought it and played it TODAY! As always, thank you for reading and please COMMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment