Thursday, March 1, 2012

Deus Ex: Mission 1

Here it is! What you've all been waiting for! My next blog to take the stand, Deus Ex: Human Revolution! Applause please and thank you. I know! I'm excited too! So let's not take time for introductions, let's just DO IT! Your lucky I haven't gotten very far so all my info should be fresh, and I hopefully won't forget the details. Not like you'd KNOW or anything... right? Tangent, over. Let's roll!

*epic music* Let me tell you this game is as epic as it sounds. I know you can't here it on the blog, okay? But I know that you know how epic it is.
It all starts out in a lab with Adam Jensen aka me! and his girlfriend Megan Reed, who is a super genius making break through scientific discovery stuff. It will CHANGE the world, not that it hasn't changed, because the little intro video with all the conspirator people showed how far technology boomed, and it was a big loud BOOM! I don't know how much of that video I want to give away though... I'll just give you ALL of it, and by all I mean the parts I can remember. So we'll pause where we actually start playing in the game and do a little rewinding. TO.....!

Okay, I'll skip the picture cause I can't find anything for a good intro pic. I describe it in WORDS. It starts out with what I'm thinking is some sort of political power debate involving one of those huge screens where everyone's faces are in their own little cubes and you can't see who they are. *inhale* *exhale* I wasn't totally interested in that, what I was looking at was the digital conversation the guy smoking the cigarette was having with some unknown guy. They were saying things like "You can't get to her, she's untouchable." and cigarette guy replies with "Are you sure about that?" This ***t just got real. At this point my face looks something like this:

Hahaha! You weren't expecting that! I'm just kidding.
My face looked more like THIS:

Yep! This is definitely what I looked like after hearing some bad dudes texting about killing some chick.


Now that we got that covered, we can go back to Adam and his girlfriend. They're chilling in her lab as she gets ready to present her scientific findings to the WORLD! I'm guessing from the intro that people don't want this to happen, that's why Adam made sure everything was secure! Nobody gets past him NOBODY! Except this one guy that beats the crap out of him, but that's for later. At this point she tells Adam about how nervous she is and that her findings could accelerate augmentation and stuff! Sweet deal! Adam, being the good and supporting boyfriend that he is gives her encouragement in the form of "It's just like any other speech." and I'm pretty sure "You can do this." Did I mention his voice actor sounds like Clint Eastwood? Adam Jensen is a total bad a** for more reasons than that! In fact, you'll probably see me writing it a LOT because he is a total bad a**. ANYWAY, the two of you finally head out to go to the presentation, but first she needs to drop off the key to her house with a friend lalalala, and Adam needs to head up to HQ and talk things over with the boss.

David Sarif. The BOSS of Sarif Industries. Bossy butt, actually.
Upon reaching Sarif (I would describe what he's like, but I feel that his picture explains it all), Jensen (Adam) and him decide to go over the security system ONE more time before letting things roll. ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE! Alarms go off. People are screaming bloody murder. The place is a mess! Now it is up to Adam Jensen to take care of business. Of course, his first priority is to figure out where his girlfriend went! Darn you, stupid Megan! I had to scroll up to figure out what her name was, by the way.

This is where the action BEGINS! The player finally gets to move around and DO stuff! I love it! I run around in Sarif's office for awhile until I get tired of him repeating his elevator code to me. I head down to the damage, and boy is it bad! Dead bodies everywhere, and a psycho augmented guy blasting people into the walls like bloody rag dolls. I watch this and think "Am I going to fight that guy? I'm so dead." I troop along anyway! That's what I am! A kicka** trooper! That's how I feel when I play as the character Adam Jensen, he is such a bad a**!

Look at that! He's a bada**!
The intro gameplay is mainly informative, and nothing really difficult occurs for the player. I'll skip it. Finally, I make it to Megan's office and get the crap beat out of me by that augmented ba****d! He throws Jensen through reinforced glass! It's gory as hell! I couldn't believe how graphic it was. I was cringing at the image of Jensen all bloodied up on the floor with shards of glass sticking out all over his body. It makes me shiver just thinking about. OH! And then there's the part when his girlfriend comes to his rescue by dumping a barrel of acid on the other guy. That was wicked! Of course the guy is augmented and can take, so he hits her in the face and I'm pretty sure he shot her after that. Either that OR he kidnapped her to get her research for the bad guys. I'm getting more and more convinced that she's dead, though. The other people keep saying how she's dead, so I'm pretty sure it's safe to say she IS dead, but at the same time I have this FEELING that she ISN'T dead. I don't know, maybe I should have paid more attention to when the guy was beating her up, but Jensen was loosing consciousness at that point and I couldn't see very well. After the girlfriend is dealt with, the bad guy pops a cap in Jensen's head and leaves him for dead... That my friends was the first mission. PREP FOR AUGMENTATION.

I wish that you could see his arms. I really do. Then you could understand why I'm so mortified by this picture.
How'd you like it? My first post in my new blog. Exciting right? GOOD! There is more to come, and I will be following up on this blog to explain to you what augmentations are. I definitely did not explain what those were. I will, though, no worries. Just be patient, and hopefully I won't get swamped with things to do and will be able to update SOON!


No comments:

Post a Comment