Saturday, March 24, 2012

IT Begins (and I don't really know what IT is)

Awesome FREAKING update! this is going to really start rolling, and I'm am COMPLETELY serious! I played Deus Ex today, and died numerous times (too many to count). Now to complete my day I am going to get this blog caught up to my current position in the plot! That is my goal at least whether or not that happens is completely up to my caprice.

Recap. Sarif got hacked into and Jensen had to head off to hack down the system. Now we get to head off to CHINA and figure out what the DEAL is. I'm pretty sure WAIT! I hate getting ahead of myself and I thiiink that is what I'm doing now. Okay okay okay. Hmmmmmm.... When does that happen? Maybe that Dooooes happen now. Cool. Okay, so we head of to CHINA and figure this stuff OUT! Upon this mission Malik has some business to take care of and being the trooper that I am, I assist her. That has nothing to do with the main plot, though. Play the game if you want to know, or maybe I'll add side quests on at the end of this main stuff. Maaaybe.

While I wait for pictures to load on my incredibly ancient internet. I will fill you in on what Jensen is doing in China which I am trying to figure out in my head right now. It has something to do with figuring out who the people are that are trying to take down Sarif Industries, but that's kind of a "duh" conclusion. The cool thing is Jensen is hunting down the dudes that broke IN to Sarif Industries and offed/kidnapped/whatever his girlfriend. I'm thinking VENGEANCE! Oh, look! Picture time! ... FINALLY!

Look how far the world has come. The future looks exciting!
This mission like all the other missions involves the stealth and sneaking around. I get caught multiple times, BUT I do manage to take down all of my enemies successfully... After millions upon billions of tries. This building is HUGE. I forget what it's called, but I have to find this guy who can make a special key pass with DNA in it and all this cool stuff. I am so grateful that I figured out to look for the quest marker otherwise I would have been looking around in hundreds of these space travel looking living units trying to find him. Once we meet he agrees readily to give me the pass and all the information on his employer. What a snake! Works for Jensen, though, and he gets the pass so who cares if the guy's a scumbag! Then... We get BUSTED! The people who are trying to track this guy down have found him and they are RAIDING THE BUILDING! The guy freaking panics "Oh, God, I'm gonna die! SAVE MEEEEEEE!" Jensen this whole time is like "Look. I'm not saving you so scram." I choose the nice option and give him a gun for protection and then send him on his way. May God have mercy on your scumbag soul.

Loodiloodiloo. I make it out of there after many many tries, and I'm skipping all the details because they really aren't important to ME, but if you want to know let ME know and then I'll let YOU know by putting it in later, but I want to press on so that I get all nice and caught up. LOVELY! I'm trying to find pictures can't you tell? Do you know how many spoilers I find by looking for pictures? It's just ridiculous; I hope you all appreciate the lengths I go to in order to bring you the BEST quality blogs. I really do.

Of course! Another picture of Adam Jensen and his badassness!

I got the pass, got out of the building alive, and now I'm headed off to beat some baddies! It's going to be wonderful! Really, I'm squealing inside. This mission is pretty straight forward. I successfully figure out how to navigate through the enemy infested areas undetected and take out people along the way, looting there stuff, tossing some of it, and looting some more. Actually, I really don't loot that much because his inventory is freakin TINY! Despite this, I manage to lug around a pistol, a combat rifle, a sniper rifle, ammo for all of them, concussion grenades, emp grenades, flash grenades, energy bars, painkillers, and little hacking tidbits. These people need to learn how to expand. I could use the extra space. Off tangent! I get through this ENORMOUS building and get to theeeeee END (picture me saying this in a high voice because it more accurately portrays my excitement). "Why are you so excited?" "Obviously it's because I'm about to meet some really awesome bad guys and see a sweet cut scene and beat some bad guy up and show off Jensen's bad ass skills. Now do you see? Good." AND I DO!!!!

I found one! Not what quite what I was looking for, but it works!

Now that you have seen THAT. I can tell you all about my encounter with the true villains of this story. They are super evil looking. Not really, but fighting ONE of them was a total challenge. At least it was until I figured out to throw stuff at him and blow him up... I should not have such huge gaps in between my blogs and gaming time it really makes this difficult. Anywho, I see three people when I reach my goal in this facility that I do AWESOME sneaking in. Total shadow master. Too bad, these guys see me coming, but this is too be expected because this is a cut scene and Jensen walks straight out to them. One of them is a girl with a strange hair cut, a guy who is the ring leader, and a HUGE beefy guy who ends up kicking the crap out of me... I cringed. Shouldn't have done that, though. Jensen is about to beat your ass!

You poor bastard. You are about to die an incredibly unexpected death even for you.
This boss fight starts with us face to face with only a road block for cover between us. There is plenty of cover all around, but that is right in front of me and obviously the most convenient. I dive for it, and he blasts the thing to pieces with his machine gun arm! You ba****d. I die. Okay, new strategy. I run behind a PILLAR, one that he CAN'T blow apart, and then get shot to death once he rounds it because I think that I can take him with my weeny combat rifle. Fine then, new NEW strategy. I run to the pillar and do the dodge and weave thing that little kids do when they're playing tag around a table. It worked PERFECTLY. I get in some great shots and then have enough time to run all the way across the room to throw a pressurized explosive thing giant-tin-can DEALAMABOB at his face and then blow it up by shooting at it. I WIN! WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, you being incapable of defeating Adam Jensen is indeed an epic fail.
Now Jensen gets to interrogate him. *face punch* "TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!" *another face punch* "I EXPECT YOU TO PULL YOUR SORRY SELF TOGETHER AND TAKE ME THERE NOW!" It didn't go like that, really. It was more like Jensen asks him a question and he wheezes an answer through all the blood in his mouth. I think he laughs some too. Then he blows up. One of those explosions that Jensen, being the bad ass that he is, just kind of backs of and watches. Brilliant. Well, we got the info and that brings us one step closer to catching up to where I am in the plot. HURRAY!


1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful post. One weekend, also known as this post prom weekend, I shall be at your house and we will hang out before post prom and play video games and you will finally be able to show me this game. We will cry over the beauty and all shall be well. BUT EXCELLENT BLOGGING, YOU ARE MY STAR BLOGGER.

    ReplyDelete